Monday, March 7, 2016

The Nontoxic Project: Amazing You

Hi everyone!

Whew, FINALLY back with an update on The Nontoxic Project.


Why has it taken my so long to post this? Well, this one kicked my butt, quite frankly. I just couldn't get a handle on what I wanted to do with the second two page spread. And to be honest, I wasn't sure direction this whole thing was going in anyway. LOL Like, I knew that I wanted to completely demolish and rebuild (in a sense) this toxic journal of mine from 2003 but did I want to go all schmaltzy and positive vibe thing? Or some new sort of angst? Or something that had nothing to do with anything? I started out with the intention to alter it, without any real plan or theme or whatever. So this one took me a while. I'd throw some stuff down and pick it back up, I liked what I was doing and then I didn't...

But in the end, I feel like it all worked out:


This time I started by gesso'ing the pages before spraying them down with Dylusions ink sprays. That made the inks less vibrant which I liked. Then I thought to break into my old bottle of Crackle Accents and completely covered them. lol The effect was cool but it brought back the vibrancy of the inks....which I liked even better. lol


Lots of stenciling and washi tape on this set as well. I also added Crackle Accents to the ladies, but that didn't show up as well as it did in my head. Bummer. lol I decided I kind of wanted it to mirror the previous spread so I did another tag/tag pocket combo. :D I also used the second witch from the napkin I used on the first tag...I like continuity....sometimes. lol


I also altered this "Shopping Queen" and made her "Queen of Baggage" instead. Get it? HA!


I combined two Cosmo Cricket phrase stickers and changed them to read, "Do something nice for amazing you". We all need to do something nice for ourselves as well as others, right? :)


More to come soon, I've still got the shadowbox area in the front of the book to do as well as the cover...think I'll do something with the cover... Do you have toxic things on your shelves or in your drawers (dresser drawers not the, you know, underwear kind) that needs a detox? Let's do this together! If you're inspired, pick it up and run with it!

Whatever you do, please do share with me!!! Leave a link in the comments, send me an email, @ me on Twitter or Instagram, let's clean out and reclaim together! :D

Time to detox...mixed media style! :D

3 comments:

  1. I think this looks amazing! I am LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. That texture is just gorgeous!!! And those witches remind me of the opening credits of Bewitched :)

    ReplyDelete