Skip to main content

Birthday at Swan Lake

Hi everyone and happy Leap Year!

My new update for The Nontoxic Project isn't ready yet since today Toot will be taking her very first Royal Academy of Dance exams (wish her luck!), so instead I'm going to share what we did for her birthday party last year. The conversation went something like this:

Me: What do you want to do for your birthday this year?
Toot: I want a ballet party!
Me: Great! Any particular theme?
Toot: I want a Swan Lake party!
Me: Mmmmkay.

Hey guys, guess how much Swan Lake themed birthday party stuff you find at the party store? That's right! NONE. Luckily, the wedding section had some black and white things (for Odette and Odile of course) and I fudged the rest of it as well. lol I found this cool tutorial on altering ballerina cupcake toppers so I started there and worked outwards. lol




I made dark chocolate cupcakes for Odile and white almond cupcakes for Odette:


And because I'm a crafty mom that can't leave well enough alone...I also altered two pointe shoes in honor of our birthday girl and rival princesses:



I was coughing up feathers for a week after making these. lol! But everyone had a blast and Toot was able to turn 7...it all worked out! :D

Comments

  1. Good luck on her exams!!! And LOVING what you did for her party last year!! Those are all amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment